The Best Redesign of Moscow Metropolitan Map 2013
The main features of the new map:
- Preserved circle-based scheme from previous we needed to preserve. Stations still organized within and around a central ring, but the similarities end there.
- Lines are thinner.
- Stops represented by ticks; transfer points by dots; and larger transit hubs by mini rings.
- The distance between stations is wider, making the whole thing less reminiscent of a crowded breadline.
- Overall, it feels lighter, cleaner, and more spacious.
- Includes landmarks, parks, rivers, alternative transport routes and disability access points.
- Transliteration of station names into English is also more user-friendly.
The Department for Transport made minor changes to the map, which is going to use in stations since May 2013. Thanks to Art. Lebedev Studio for a nice, clean map that brings Moscow's subway system into the modern era.
About Me in Short
My name's Arthur Lookyanov, I'm a private tour guide, personal driver and photographer in Moscow, Russia. I work in my business and run my website Moscow-Driver.com from 2002. Read more about me and my services, check out testimonials of my former business and travel clients from all over the World, hit me up on Twitter or other social websites. I hope that you will like my photos as well.
See you in Moscow!