Registration in Moscow
New registration laws in Moscow came into force from January 15th, 2007:
"All foreign citizens arriving in Russia must register their visa within three working days."
What is this mean and what you should do?
- If you are staying in Moscow less than three day, you don't have register your visa;
- If you are staying in a hotel, the administration of the hotel should register your visa for the period of your stay anyway.
- Be sure to specifically request this service, especcially if you are going to rent an apartment and you are going to stay in Moscow more than 3 days.
- Visa registration at the Moscow AFMS (Administration of Federal Migration Service) usually takes 1 working day or more.
- A hotel can make it the next day after your arrival as a confirmation of registration you get the lower part of the notification form stamped by the Authorities.
- Be aware, that because of changing the procedure and using new forms now it takes now more time to make registration. Prior to 2007 hotels or any inviting company could do it in 1 hour).
Previous Travel Tip
About Me in Short
My name's Arthur Lookyanov, I'm a private tour guide, personal driver and photographer in Moscow, Russia. I work in my business and run my website Moscow-Driver.com from 2002. Read more about me and my services, check out testimonials of my former business and travel clients from all over the World, hit me up on Twitter or other social websites. I hope that you will like my photos as well.
See you in Moscow!