The Key Map of Moscow Kremlin
Beautifully illustrated map of architectural ensemble of Moscow Kremlin with keys for sites, museums, palaces and towers of the historic fortified complex at the heart of Moscow, overlooking the Moskva River. Besides that the kremlin serves as the official residence of the President of the Russian Federation, it is the great and one of the biggest in Europe museum-preserve comprising over than 60 thousands historical, cultural and artistic monuments. Only three and a half thousands are included to the museum’s permanent displays.
Moscow Kremlin Museums:
- 1. The Armoury Chamber, the most ancient museum-depository occupies the building which was specially constructed for it in 1844-1854.
- 2. The Assumption Cathedral, erected in 1475-1479 was the major church of the state in which all Russian Tsars were crowned.
- 3. The Annunciation Cathedral, built in 1484-1489 by Pskov craftsmen was the home church of Moscow Great Princes and later - Russian Tsars.
- 4. The Archangel’s Cathedral, constructed in 1505-1508 was used as a burial vault for Moscow Great Princes, Appanage Princes and Russian Tsars.
- 5. The Patriarch’s Palace with the Twelve Apostles’ Church and an Exhibition Hall in the One-pillar chamber, was built in 1653-1655 for Patriarch Nikon. At present, the ground floor of the One-pillar chamber houses an exhibition hall of the museum.
- 6. The Church of Laying Our Lady’s Holy Robe, erected in 1484-1485 by Pskov craftsmen was the home church of Russian Metropolitans and later - Patriarchs.
- 7. The Ivan the Great Bell-Tower, the Assumption Belfry and the Filaret’s extension had been taking shape during the XVI-XVII centuries. Nowadays, the ground floor of the Assumption Belfry houses an exhibition hall of the museum.
- 8. Tsar-Cannon was casted from bronze in 1586. Length - 5,34 m (17.5 ft), weight - 40 ton.
- 9. The Tsar-Bellwas was casted from bronze in 1733-1735, height - 6,14 m (20,1 ft), diameter - 6,6 m (21,6 ft), weight - 200 ton.
The Moscow Kremlin
- 10. The Faceted Chamber
- 11. The State Kremlin Palace
- 12. The Terem Palace
- 13 The Grand Kremlin Palace
- 14. The Arsenal
- 15. The Senate 16. The Kutafiya Tower
- 17. The Trinity Tower
- 18. The Commandant Tower
- 19. The Armoury Tower
- 20. The Borovitskaya Tower
- 21. The Water Supplying Tower
- 22. The Annunciation Tower
- 23. The Secret (Tainitskaya) Tower
- 24. The First Nameless Tower
- 25. The Second Nameless Tower
- 26. The Peter Tower
- 27. The Moskvoretskaya Tower
- 28. The Sts. Constantine and Helen Tower
- 29. The Alarm Bell Tower
- 30. The Tsar’s Tower
- 31. The Savior’s Tower
- 32. The Senate Tower
- 33. The St Nicholas Tower
- 34. The Corner Arsenal Tower
- 35. The Middle Arsenal Tower
- 36. The Secret Gardens
- 37. The Alexander’s Gardens
- 38. The Cathedral Square
- 39. The Ivan Square
- 40. The Senate Square
- 41. The Museum Shop, Excursion office
About Me in Short
My name's Arthur Lookyanov, I'm a private tour guide, personal driver and photographer in Moscow, Russia. I work in my business and run my website Moscow-Driver.com from 2002. Read more about me and my services, check out testimonials of my former business and travel clients from all over the World, hit me up on Twitter or other social websites. I hope that you will like my photos as well.
See you in Moscow!