The Easter Egg "Cockerel" (1900)
The 1900 Cockerel Egg (originally Cukoo Clock Egg) was crafted by Peter Carl Faberge in his set of 50 Faberge Eggs. The egg was given by Tsar Nicholas II to Empress Maria Feodoronova as a gift on Easter 1900 year.
- Series: Imperial Egg
- Company: House of Fabergé
- Made in: 1900 St. Petersburg, Russia
Design and Materials
- Workmaster: Mikhail Yevlampievich Perkhin (Michael Perchin)
- Materials used: Gold, Diamonds, Rubies, Pearls, Enamel Height: 20,3 cm (8 in) when opened
Surprise - A moving bird
The egg has a mechanism on the top rear that enables its bird to come out and move.
Current Ownership and Location
- Year of acquisition and current owner: 2004 Viktor Vekselberg / The Link of Times Foundation
- Location: Museum of Fabergé in St. Petersburg, Russia
Reference: Wikipedia "Cockerel (Fabergé egg)" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockerel_(Faberg%C3%A9_egg)
About Me in Short
My name's Arthur Lookyanov, I'm a private tour guide, personal driver and photographer in Moscow, Russia. I work in my business and run my website Moscow-Driver.com from 2002. Read more about me and my services, check out testimonials of my former business and travel clients from all over the World, hit me up on Twitter or other social websites. I hope that you will like my photos as well.
See you in Moscow!